The Basics of CR
Celebrate Recovery has at it's core some basic principles and steps that guide us.
The 12 Steps
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings.
Limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
2. There is NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in
conversation excluding all others. Each person is free to express his
or her feelings without interruptions.
3. We are here to support one another, not “fix “ another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is
shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when
someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as the pathway to peace; taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will; so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
~ Reinhold Niebuhr